Antenna79 is seeking a creative RF antenna design engineer for its small but growing engineering team. You will work both independently and in collaboration with other members of the engineering team to design and test coupling antennas to optimize mobile devices for interaction with wireless networks and users.
Our team is made up of leaders from Qualcomm and Lifeproof, and founded by PhD scientists with training from MIT, Princeton, Harvard, and UCLA. We are funded by Catterton Partners, the leading consumer-focused private equity firm with over $4 billion under management. Catterton has a 24-year track record of success with investments such as Restoration Hardware, NJOY, Noodles & Co, Kettle Foods, Odwalla, and P.F. Chang’s. Antenna79’s board of directors includes former Senator Bill Bradley.
- Design and fabricate coupling and re-radiating RF Antennas in 0.7 – 6GHz range, for manipulation of EM field patterns.
- OTA testing of mobile devices, including cellular and WLAN.
- BSEE or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in RF/Microwave Antenna design
- Experience of OTA testing, including Wireless Communication Test Set or Base Station Emulation
- Knowledge of cell phone and wireless technologies (including GSM, WCDMA, CDMA, LTE and 802.11)
- Experience of near and far-field antenna measurement
- Hands-on antenna fabrication ability
- Strong understanding of electromagnetic theory
- Demonstrated good problem solving skills
- Good analytical and test skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to keep complete and accurate lab notes and test records
- Communicate effectively in English, orally and written
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- MSEE or equivalent
- Knowledge of SAR testing
- Experience designing electrically small antennas (ESA)
- Experience with antenna manufacture, including gerber software and/or CNC milling
- Experience with parasitic, capacitive and/or inductive coupling methods
- Proficient in antenna simulation software, e.g. HFSS